long time no recipe post for me! today i wanted to share with you a little recipe and a competition.
Bolsover Cruise Club have launched an exciting competition with a fantastic prize of a two night mini-cruise courtesy of P&O Ferries! The competition, #MeddySteadyCook invites entrants to take part in a cookery competition and create their very best Mediterranean themed recipe using a minimum of three of the following ingredients: Chicken, Lamb, Fish, Chorizo, Peppers, Garlic, Mozzarella/feta cheese, Olives, Lemons, Olive oil, Pasta, Tomatoes or Onions. The competition ends on the 13th March so get your skates on and have a themed Mediterranean dinner!
You’ll be cooking for the chance to sail the high seas in style, staying in luxury accommodation in a sea balcony stateroom on P&O’s newest and largest ship, the Britannia. Not only will you have access to the ship’s four swimming pools, 13 bars and restaurants and various gyms, you’ll also get chance to hone your culinary skills in James Martin’s Cookery Club.
How to enter:
1. Cook your best Mediterranean-themed recipe using three or more ingredients from our list
2. Upload your recipe as a post on your blog, including images of your dish
3. Include a link on your post back to our competition page
4. Post your recipe blog post to Twitter using the #MeddySteadyCook
Cruise Line: P&O Cruises
Date: 25 June 2016
Accommodation: Balcony Stateroom
Itinerary: Southampton – Guernsey - Southampton
• Luxury accommodation in a sea view balcony stateroom
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the main restaurants. Meals and snacks in the food courts, daytime grills and pizzerias. Afternoon tea of sandwiches, cakes and pastries each day
• Entrance in to the ship's theatres, bars and clubs
• Use of facilities including the sports court, swimming pools and whirlpool spas, gym and sauna and steam room
right lets get on with the recipe shall we! i
made four wraps from this amount but i like mine nice and full which makes it the messiest but best way to eat. now i've never been very good at following recipes so you can give or take a little with this one as it nice and simple
you will need:
400g diced lamb
one small chilli
a clove of garlic
a chorizo sausage
half a cucumber
half a packet of feta cheese
sprinach leaves (or any other salad leaves)
4 wraps (i like wholemeal ones)
a few glugs of olive oil
firstly finely chop the garlic and chilli, fry in olive oil of a minute and then add the lamb. cook the lamb for about six to seven minutes, basically till its browned, everybody likes theirs cooked to different pinkness.
get a bowl and mix a few sprinkles of paprika with the natural yogurt, this gives it a little kick. you can spread the yogurt over the wrap before you start to load it up or you can pop in onto top afterwards.
chop up the feta, chorizo and cucumber into small chunks. heat the wrap for 30 thirty seconds in the microwave, chuck everything in and enjoy!
you may also want to have a glass of rose with it but thats just my view on things....
*the cost of the ingredients was covered by Bolsover Cruise Club but love of mediterranean food and adventures are all my own